Monday, July 14, 2008

6/12/08 Thursday

I was as sick as a dog today! At 4 am, I had a really bad case of the trots; 6 times in 4 hours. When I got up a 8 am, I was really queasy. I was focusing on my breathing to try to calm my queasiness. I didn't want to go to class, but I had no way to contact Dennis, so I got ready to head off to the bus shelter (we relied on public transportation to get around Bath). I told Miki as I left, if I didn't throw up today, it would be a good day. That was wishful thinking...

I had been at the bus shelter for 2 minutes and then I threw up (for about 10 minutes). It was my first full day in a foreign country and I was misrable. I was alone, everything was unfamiliar, and I wanted my mommy. I went back home to brush my teeth and caught the bus to town 15 minutes later.

I was half an hour late, but I was not the only one; Kevin got on the wrong bus and actually took an unintended tour of the city. Dennis waited for us; when we showed up at the same time, Dennis walked us over to the Baths. I felt much better after I threw up, but I felt kinda tired. From 10 am-12 pm we were taken on a walking tour of Bath. The tour guide, Angela, is such a storyteller! Telling us about the stories of the Baths, the history of the architecture, and the other stories facinated some of us but not the others. I suppose if I didn't feel so tired, I would have enjoyed the tour more. Mom would have enjoyed the stories and information in the tour but not the stationary standing. By 1230 pm, the tour was still be conducted and I had lost my focus. I took Dennis up on his offer to go home and get some sleep.

I took the bus home and when I got back, I slept for 6 more hours. After eating some soda crackers and ginger ale, I read some of my textbook, and went to bed by 10 pm.

I missed the Roman Baths tour, but Dennis assured me I can get a ticket so I can go later. It's an audio, self-guided tour...7/6/08...I never got the chance to tour the Roman Baths. The times I asked to do it, Dennis and Jill (Dennis' wife) didn't have the pounds to pay for the ticket. I'm not too disappointed. I didn't really want to do it.

1 comment:

heidi heilig said...

Yikes! was it foreign food? Those mushy peas'll get you!