Went to Glostenbury Abby today. It was a long and tedious bus ride...I'm getting so sick and tired of buses; especially sitting on bus seats-my butt is so flat, it hurts! We went into the grounds and the first thing that happened was Jill took us over to the "kitchen". The Father (I'm sure he was an actor judging from his speil) gave his presentation. Afterwords, we all broke up and explored the grounds at our own pace. it was mostly ruins; there was a throne and each one of us took turns sitting on it and getting pictures taken. I waved my hand the way Queen Elizabeth does. My name, my throne...
After being there 45 minutes, Shanti, Victoria, Suzi, Diane and I left to explore the surrounding town. Victoria noted how much the shops reminded her of the shops in Santa Cruz. They were artsy, crafty, and psyhcadelic. Lots of colors and crystals. There was nothing to do, but I did mail a couple of postcards from the post office.
Out of all the destinations we visited, this was not worth it. We were at the Abby for 45 minutes and explored the town for an hour, but we had to endure that bus ride. It just wasn't worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment