The class was at the bus station by 10 am so Dennis changed our schedule. He cancelled the market day tour in Bath so we could catch the 1005 am bus to Wells. It took 1.5 hours to get there so he wanted to maximize out time there by starting early.
We got there and headed for the Wells Cathedral. Jill (Dennis' wife) handed out brochures on the Cathedral and asked us to read them. Everyone wasn't happy that it cost 3 pounds to buy a photography permit; everything inside the Cathedral is copyright protected. The solution was everyone chipped in 30 pence and Kevin bought the permit and took all the pictures when we were inside. He swore and promised to send everyone copies. I had my video camera so I bought my own pass; if I can make copies for everyone else, it's a bonus for them. If not, there no disappointment, because Kevin took a lot of pictures.
We visited the Vicar's and Choir's quarters first. There was this crazy dog who would jump up walls at the strangest times. Eventually, the dog started to follow Suzi, so we told her to the opposite wall and then run back and forth a few times. The dog followed her and when she (the dog) reached the wall, she (the dog) would jump. This went on for a few minutes.
We toured the Cathedral and its library. This took about an hour. Then we parted ways to eat lunch and then went on to do whatever we wanted to do with the time. Kevin found the West Cornwall Pasties place. Everyone ate there; I think Kevin actually fell in love with the pasties. He claims he wants to open a branch in San Jose. During the rest of the time in Bath, he searched out for this place for his lunches. Anyway, after my lunch, I went back to the Cathedral for the dancing festival. There's a huge lawn in front of the Cathedral which was ideal for this festival.
All of the dancers were kids from all the local primary schools performed in the dancing festival. They were probably as young as six. They all had really bright and cheerful costumes. There were a ton of of kids; maybe 20-30 schools were represented there? Anyway, they performed basic and simple dances to the caller's directions (like square dancing). I recorded as much of the dances as I could in half an hour, because it was getting close to leaving time (and besides my camera battery died!) After 2 hours on 2 buses, I was home.
Stephanie's parents came over tonight, so she made my dinner early tonight (645 pm-although I offered to make it myself). So I spent the rest of the evening in my room and I watched DVDs and read HP 6. And then tomorrow, Stephanie is off to Barcelona. Miki and I will be on our own for 4 days.
I think I lost my Euros. I think I had 30-40 Euros and I can't really afford to lose them. I can't find them at all....I found the Euros tomorrow later in the corner cabinet over my bed with the stain-glass rose window.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment