Monday, July 14, 2008

6/11/08 Wednesday

So today I moved over to Bath and into my host's home. Stephanie has a great, but small home. She's the only one here and has 2 extra bedrooms. In addition to hosting me, she's hosting Miki, a Japanese student, attending the University of Bath. Miki's here to practice her English. Stephanie likes that we are both older students (more adult -like) rather than having to "babysit" the younger students.

After day 1, Stephanie is really easy to get along with. She asked questions about me (general data), so I spent most of the time talking. She took me on a very brief motor tour of the neighborhood. Later this evening, I walked it, retracing her route while videotaping it. Stephanie lives in the hills above Bath, and boy, are those hills steep! While I was returning to the house (very slowly), it started to rain. I got fairly wet ( and sweaty from all the climbing). One thing I've noticed about the buildings is that they are overly heated, so I'm sleeping with the window open (it pulls in the cool evening breezes). Stephanie has some really great views!

I was the the last one to show up at Heathrow to meet the group. There was a delay in taking off from Dublin; about 45 minutes. Dennis found me wandering around terminal 3 looking for everyone else...As we drove out of London, we passed Windsor Castle on the M4. The flag on Windsor Castle was flying, so the Queen was in residency there. "This is as close as we'll get to the Royal Family during this trip" Dennis told us.

Tomorrow, we're taking a walking tour of Bath and in the afternoon we're going to visit the Roman Baths. I'm going to be busy tomorrrow, so I'm going to bed now (it's 10pm).

No comments: