We started off by having our customary class. We discussed what learning was and how to measure it (learning). This was to get us thinking about our contracts for Dennis, if we wanted to get a "B" or "A" in the class. Right now, we all have "C"s because we're here and participating in this overseas activity. I saw this trip mostly as a partial class, partial vacation, UK experience. I don't want to propose a contract, yet I don't want a "C" to kill my average...what to do?
The group went to an Indian restaurant, so I went too. Lunch took 1.5 hours so we were late to the organ recital at the Bath Abby. We only heard one song much to Diane's dissapointment. These organ recitals are conducted each Wednesday, so there's still a chance to attend the next one.
Afterwords, we split up, so I was on my own. Jill told me where I could get a city map, not realizing I didn't have one (I was sick when everyone else got theirs). I spent time walking around with my map and marked the bus stops I use (6 and 7). Then I went to the Podium (a small mall) to look around. There's a Crabtree and Evelyn there and that's the first place I went. I went to see it in Mom's honor (it's one of her favorite places). It was fairly similar to those at home. The only difference is the one in Bath carries a skin care product line for men. I went to a grocery store to look around and to buy some some snacks for tomorrow's trip (Wales, I think). I left the Podium and walked down Walcot St to the Aqua Glass Museum and back; it wasn't as far as I thought it was or as it appeared on the map.
Stephanie came back today, so we all had dinner together. I met her mom and dad; they came over to visit her...As I sit here and write this, there's either a storm coming in or we are between a High pressure and Low pressure. I say this because it's really cold and windy-I would guess the wind is blowing 40-50mph. The trees are blowing back and forth violently. I bet we'll get rain tonight like we did this morning. Today the only day so far where the weather has been poor.
Time to go to bed. We have a long coach trip tomorrow. Don't want to miss anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment