Thursday, July 17, 2008

6/16/08 Monday

The Cribbs Causeway was today's destination. I was on the bus 3 hours to and from. The Cribbs Causeway is almost like a mall here in the US. It rivals Valley Fair (SJ). Dennis wanted us to see how a mall in England is similar or different to one in the US. I forgot my slippers, so I bought a new pair. Shoe sizing is different...in the US, I wear an 11, but in England my slipper size is 8.5. I bought the size 7, which was the largest size they had...I was looking for a reigon 2 DVD player and I found what I wanted. I bought it and an adapter. All I have to do now is find a power converter. ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN FIND ONE (BRITISH POWER TO US POWER.)?

Cynthia and I are planning a trip to London for this weekend. Were going to (try to) see Westminster Abby, the Tower of London, Chinatown, #10 Downing St, Big Ben, and a river tour of the Thames. We made arraignments to stay at a youth hostel (Journey's Eye). I also took advantage of Cynthia's internet connection and checked my email, paid my credit card bill, and checked my finances. ( I was not allowed to use Stephanie's internet or phone.) I got home at 830 pm. I'm on my own again. Stephanie's still in Spain and Miki's staying with her boyfriend at his place. I'm watching M*A*S*H, but I'd really like to have someone to talk to...

We also had 2 hours of class this morning. It was mostly discussions of our experiences so far. We also started discussions about the concepts in the textbook, Watching the English.

No comments: