Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6/27/08 Friday

I woke up late this morning, took a shower, and was off by 1045 am. I went into town to the post office to send some of my souvinors back home early. After conducting my business, I walked around the Abby areafor an hour.

Prince Caspian opened yesterday (5.5 weeks after opening in the US).I wanted to see a movie here, because it's a different experience than back home. In England, movie seats are reserved; kinda like reserving a seat for a baseball game. I had my choice between a regular seat and a "premire" seat. Not knowing the difference, I asked the seller what the differences were. The seats were slightly wider, upholstered in a nicer fabric, and in the center of the theater. That sounded good enough, so I bought the premire seat for an extra pound (but I got a student discount). I bought the ticket 1.5 hours early, but I didn't have to worry about getting a bad seat...or so I thought. I was assigned to row J, seat 7.

The seat was disappointing. It didn't feel like it was wider, actually, it made me feel scrunched. The seat was also in the middle of the seating area. I prefer to sit in the back row, in the corner, either the left or right side. The Odeon is not a free-for-all in seat selection; my seat was half way up and right on the aisle. My biggest complaint was there was no leg room; my kneecaps were less that one inch away from the back of the seat in front of me. With my left kneecap still healing, I couldn't extend my leg. The AMC in Vallco is much nicer; there is quite a lot leg room. Prince Caspian is such a great movie; I want it when it comes out.

I walked around town for another 45 minutes and after waiting another 30 minutes for the bus, I got home by 615 pm. A woman on the bus, unintentionally ran into my knee andit started to sting. I put my leg up for awhile when I got back.

No comments: