I found my Euros...all 70 of them.
Today was this week's day off. I slept in, watched The Nanny for awhile, and read my textbook. It was a pretty slow day.
I feel kinda alone. In this house, we are 3 individuals living under the same roof. Stephanie is in Barcelona til Wednesday, and Miki bars herself in her room. I'm left to ...I don't know...do whatever.
I also feel isolated from my classmates. Except for Diane, they are all in their early 20s and they have bonded well. I haven't done any evening activities, but it appears everyone else has. I just wish I had a detailed road map of and the city center, then I'd be more likely to venture out at night. It's something we should've been given on the first day of class.
The others in the class are staying with families who have kids. The kids are actually spending time with my classmates. It seems like I'm missing out...somehow. Shanti spent 2.5 hours with the 10 year old daughter of her 26 year old house brother. The father (the 26 year old) tends to ignore his daughter and the daughter was feeling alone. She knocked on Shanti's door and Shanti felt sorry for her, so they hung out talking, watching Big Brother, and made beaded jewelry.
Right now, I'm sitting here, writing in my journal, staring out my window, and listening to the birds chirp...it's really peaceful right now. It's 930 pm and it's still quite light. The sun sets later the farther north you go.
Everyone got the detailed road map the afternoon I was sick and sleeping. I didn't get my map until Wednesday 6/18/08.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment