Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6/28/08 Saturday

I did my laundry today; if I didn't, I'd have no clothes to wear! Got everything washed and hung up to dry by 1130 am. Before leaving for Bath, Stephanie reminded me that she'd be in London helping her daughter move house; she'll be back on Tuesday.

I went to the library to check my email; it cost 1.20 pounds for twenty minutes. I got Mom's message about Emigrant Direct's concern about suspected activity. Damn, I have to call Emigrant in New York from here?! No way! I left the library and went to the post office to send Dad's Christmas present (Diana-I sent it to your attention in Brooklyn-if you could wrap it for me, I'd appreciate it)-whew...I got that off my list.

From a call box, I dialed 155 for the international operator. He connected my collect call to Emigrant Direct, and they accepted the call. I got everything straightened out-that's off my list of things to do. I went to the Odeon to buy a ticke to "Kung Fu Panda". Got a regular seat and was fairly comfortable; there was no one around me in the right hand wing of seats. The Odeon allows patrons to bring food or beverages into the theater, unlike the US. I liked the theater well enough-hated the movie. I had to conciously tell myself to forget who was the lead voice (Jack Black); how in the world they got Dustin Hoffman to do this movie, I'll never know.

After I got home, I brought in my clothes. As I carried them in a basket up the circular staircase, I tripped on the last step. I actually tripped upstairs (I couldn't see the last step, the basket blocked my view)! I slammed my left patella (the healing knee) into the edge of the stair and my chest into the corner of the desk. I absolutely HOWLED in pain. I was hobbling in pain, and cursing the fuk*** stairs in the house; "I hate these fuc**** stairs!!! I just want to go home!!!" My chest was throbbing, but my focus was on the pain in my knee. My knee swelled up; it felt like fluid built up in between the skin and bone and felt liquidy and was soft and spongy. I definitely will not miss narrow stairs and staircases.

Did you realize I had the same injury twice in less than a week? i am not a klutz...

No comments: