Saturday, August 30, 2008

7/2/08 Wednesday

It's a shame class is over...I had to make my way down to the coach park via the bus (Stephanie was unable to take me there). It was fairly easy to do; there was plenty of space on the bus because I left at 6:45am. I didn't get the chance to thank and say goodbye to Stephanie, but I did leave a note thanking her for everything and wishing her and her family the best. At least I didn't feel like I sneaked out of the house without saying bye.

We left the coach park after getting more pictures with everyone including Mari and Oscar (they came to see us off). Bob (our driver during the last three weeks) got us to Heathrow really, really early. Cynthia had the first flight at 1:50pm, then the Jaehnes at 2:10pm, and then Shanti and I left 3:30pm. Everyone else stayed in London. The Jaehnes were leaving from terminal 3 and Shanti and I (since we were flying BMI to our respective destinations) walked through the tunnels to get to terminal 1. We tried to check in at 11am, but were unable to do so until two hours before our flights. Surprisingly, the Jaehnes found us in terminal 1; they wanted to make sure we found the terminal ok and that we were good to go. I appreciated that considering the walk they had to take. So there we were (Shanti and I) waiting in the terminal waiting for the flights to take off. It is so damn boring waiting in the airport with nothing to do...

My flight took off and I eventually made it to Ireland. I got a cab to my hotel, checked in and got comfortable, and decided to walk around Connolly Street a little bit. The weather was rainy and I didn't have my umbrella, but it felt good to get out, stretch and walk, and get use to the area around me. I walked down to the post office and then turned around when it began to rain really hard. I did stop by a little grocery convenience shop and bought a few things. When I asked for a bag, the cashier told me I'd have to pay for it...who would have thought! It wasn't right, but I was in not in the mood to debate it. But I did save it so I could reuse it and not get charged again. When I was back in my room, I was so tired, ordered room service (OMG the sautéed mushrooms were TO DIE FOR-they were WONDERFUL) and went to bed by 10pm.

No comments: