Wednesday, August 6, 2008

6/30/08 Monday

There was no class today. Kevin, Karla, and Diane went to Glasgow; Matt, Suzi, and Cynthia went to Paris; Jon and Shanti went to Dublin; Victoria and I stayed in Bath. None of them were scheduled to return until today, so Dennis cancelled class.

I started today by sleeping in til 10 am. Boy did it feel good to sleep in! We've been really busy these last 2.5 weeks. By 11 am, I was on my way into Bath. I decided I wanted to visit the Herschel Astronomy Museum. I walked from the bus station to the street it was located on, but at first, I couldn't locate it. It turns out that the museum was in the floor level of a flat. The street was completely residential...no businesses at all. Once I found the flat (#19), I rang the bell. A woman answered the door so I told her I was looking for the museum. She told me I was too early and pointed out the plaque next to the door. Oops...I was an hour and a half too early so I apologized and left. I never got back to tour the museum...

I went back to the post office to mail something then went to buy another movie ticket. I ate lunch before the movie, and after the movie was over, I went home to get the region 2 DVD player I bought. I went back into town to Mailboxes Etc. to ship it home. It wasn't cheap, but to have the peace of mind that it would get home safely and not have to carry it on board the plane was worth the money.

When I got back home, I watched the last half hour of the Men's Wimbledon quarterfinal as I made dinner. Andy Murray came back from 2 sets down to win. (Andre Aggassi won the Wimbledon Men's Final on July 5, 1992.)

No comments: