Sunday, September 21, 2008

7/6/08 Sunday

"Happy f***in' birthday Bush; thank God it's your last one in office!" This was my first thought when I woke up at 11 am. Really, I got up at 8:30 am, but after I used the bathroom and turned on CNN, I fell back asleep until 11 am. I was up yesterday for 18 hours straight. I needed to recover. I didn't do much today, and it sure felt good!

I checked my email; Robbie was the only one who sent me birthday greetings. What's up with that?! I expected him to forget or be too busy to remember. But Mom, how could you forget? Maybe she's got something planned for when I get back...we'll see...

I went to Marks & Spencer (retail, clothing, and food) to buy some fruits and vegetables. I'm tired of the minimal salads, fries, and chips that I find here. I found some real pre-cut pineapple, cherries, melon cup (honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon), and lettuce. I just finished the pineapple and half of the lettuce. I'm going to save the rest for dinner--yum--fresh produce for dinner!

I went to the Savoy again to watch Wanted. Apparently, the movie had gone 10 minutes before I realized that it had actually started. At first, I thought a movie preview was being shown starring James McAvoy, but it was really Wanted itself. They didn't show any previews at all! The movie was ok-it had a lot of bloody scenes and a lot of twists to it. It kind of confused me at the end. Mom would have liked it-she's not as grossed out as I am by blood.

I took another walk around the area. I made it to the Jervis area (a section of the city). There, I found a much bigger cinema with movies I've seen or that I haven't heard of or don't care about. There was also a bookstore next door. I spent about an hour there looking around; most of the time was spent to reading a children's pop up book about the Titanic. It was written in the format of a 12-year-old male passenger's journal-very interesting. I bought a new book, All the President's Men. I needed something different to read-I can read HP6 only so many times!

Now, I'm back in my room, eating my fruit and veggie dinner, writing this journal, and watching A League of Their Own (probably my favorite baseball movie). I'm really enjoying my time in Ireland.

No comments: